Oral arguments begin in the landmark sports betting supreme court case. Video released of Bellagio poker cage robbery. Find these stories and more in the Friday Hit and Run.
Oral Arguments in Supreme Court Sports Betting Case Begin on Monday
Monday could be big day for the future of legal sports betting in the United States. The US Supreme Court will hear oral arguments in the Christie vs NCAA case.
New Jersey hopes to become the second state in the U.S. to offer sports betting but to do so they must convince SCOTUS that the the 1992 Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act violates the 10th amendment.
If the Supreme Court were to overturn PASPA, New Jersey could offer sports wagering as soon as 2018 but it could open up the floodgates for other states to legalize sports betting in their states. More than a dozen states have already discussed the possibility of legalizing the popular practice.
New Jersey DGE Director David Rebuck says that online poker and online gambling could also be a beneficiary of the decision.
A decision in the case is expected to be made in June of next year.
-Yesterday, Las Vegas police released video of the armed robbery that occurred at the Bellagio poker cage on Tuesday.
— ABC News (@ABC) November 30, 2017
– Watch Doug Polk Live on Poker Night in America this week hit his hand but get left out in the cold.
– Michael Newman won the Seminole Rock n Roll Poker Open Championship this week, taking down a $374,240 prize for the $2 million guaranteed tournament.
– The Molly’s Game movie hits theaters on December 25th. Watch an interview with the real Molly Bloom below.
– Grinderschool.com poker training video of the day is the conclusion of Part 2 of Da Goat’s short series on $0.50/$1.00 No Limit Hold’em 6 max. This episode focuses on the use of reads.
– Are you a bit behind on some of the latest poker news? Part Time Poker’s David Huber selects the biggest news stories of November.
(c) Part Time Poker – Read entire story here.