The New Jersey online gambling landscape welcomes another online casino. Jaime Staples on track with his weight loss bet. Check out these stories and more in the Wednesday Hit and Run.
New Jersey Welcomes playMGM Online Casino
A new online casino brand has been launched in New Jersey. playMGM, a new brand from MGM Resorts International marks the debut of the MGM name at a regulated online casino. With the launch, playMGM the second online casino to launch recently (Scores Casino being the last online casino to come to market). The total number of online casinos in New Jersey is now 16, with some wondering if the market is reaching an over-saturation point.
The new playMGM casino is powered by GVC software, which is currently shared by Borgata’s online casino. Players can play a variety of games including slots, video poker, roulette, blackjack, craps and bingo. In addition, a playMGM online poker poker room is also coming to the partypoker network.
New Jersey residents can try the MGM branded software via an internet browser or through mobile apps available through Apple’s App Store or Google Play.
– Jaime Staples made news earlier this year when he accepted a 50:1 prop bet with Bill Perkins that he (305 lbs) and his brother, Matt (134 lbs) could reach the same weight within a year. Turns out $150k is a sufficient motivation and Staples is off to a great start thus far, having around lost 50 pounds while Matt is up 35 pounds. Staples now puts the odds at success at 90%, according to a recent interview with PokerNews.
It's game time baby! Sunday grind is about to get underway! Good luck everyone on the felt and let's win a title or two. I call the MicrMillions main. 22$ and a dream. #twitch #poker #twitchpoker #pokerstars #MicroMillions #live #stream #streamer #streaming #cardiff #wales #uk #battlestation #pokersetup
– The World Poker Tour season XVI kicks off this weekend with WPT Choctaw at the Choctaw Casino in Durant, OK. The 4-day Main Event will begin on August 4th and is guaranteeing a $2 million prize pool. Players can buy-in with $3700 or through satellites. Plays can join the tournament until August 6th (Day 2). WPT Choctaw is also featuring unlimited re-entries.
– The always entertaining Bill Perkins recently sat down for a three hour session on Joey Ingram’s Poker Life Podcast, where Perkins talked about his new book, new app and a variety of other topics.
– The World Poker Tour and PokerStars are each lowering the amount of time players have to make decision, a move that is getting mixed reactions from players. PokerStrategy takes a look at whether the new maximums are enough time for poker players to make a decision.
– Grinderschool.com poker training video of the day examines how to developing reads and applying those reads to specific hands. This video is episode 3 in a 3 part series.
(c) Part Time Poker – Read entire story here.