Super Tuesday is here. This is a hugely important day in the US Primaries during which 12 states cast their votes, and there are more delegates inplay than at any other point in the race.
The Republican candidates will be competing for 595 delegates, and the Democratic candidates for 1004 with the amount of delegates received based on the amount of votes candidates win.
According to UK betting exchange Matchbook, Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton are the clear favourites to lead their respective parties into this autumn’s US Presidential election. Trump now has a 75% chance of securing the Republican nomination and a 25% chance of becoming the next US President.
Ahead of the Super Tuesday primaries the operator’s matched bets show Donald Trump with a 75% probability of securing the Republican nomination. This marks a dramatic improvement from just 24% in mid January. Trump’s closest rival, Marco Rubio, is on just 19%. The two have traded blows during rallies and on Twitter in recent times, but it would seem Trump’s own brand of mockery is working more to his advantage.
Donald Trump’s fumbling on a call to disavow the support of former Klu Klux Klan grand wizard David Duke has failed to negatively affect his prospects of sealing the Republican ticket in heavy trading over the weekend.
The businessman’s prospects of becoming President have more than doubled from 12% in mid January to 25.5% today.
Over in the Democratic primaries, and following her win in South Carolina, it’s looking increasingly likely that Clinton will triumph over Bernie Sanders. Hillary Clinton’s odds of being the next President are back up to 60% with a 94% likelihood of securing the Democratic nomination.
In stark contrast to Trump’s surge in the market to become Next President, Clinton’s prospects of making it all the way to the White House have improved by just one percentage point since mid January, from 58% then to 59% now.
(c) SBC News – Read entire story here.